Are you implementing a rural development project? Improving rural livelihoods, increasing food security and promoting the sustainable management of resources are the core goals of our Natural Resources and Rural Development Department.
We have been helping clients for over 30 years - providing technical assistance and advisory services, and enabling communities in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Near/Middle East.
How we help you deliver high quality services
- We have a thorough knowledge of agricultural, forest and land management approaches and technologies.
- We have decades of practical experience in diversifying rural economies, strengthening rural livelihoods, and developing community-based and gender-sensitive rural infrastructure.
Sustainable land and natural resource management systems that improve agricultural productivity, conservation of ecosystem functions and enhance the livelihoods of rural families
Our advisory and support services focus on the sustainable and equitable use of natural resources to improve livelihoods and conserve agro-diversity and biodiversity. Our experts bring a broad range of skills and experience to your projects, helping you:
- transform crop, livestock and irrigation sectors into efficiently managed, highly productive systems that are sustainable
- reduce rural poverty by combining livelihood development with natural resources management and biodiversity conservation
- promote integrated watershed management and desertification control by means of participatory forest, land and water management planning based on sustainable land use principles
- adapt agriculture, forestry and land management systems to climate change.
Who we are
Natural Resources & Rural Development services are delivered to public and private clients through partner company:
is a BIHSE company based in Cologne, Germany. GITEC has been coordinating multidisciplinary expertise for sustainable development projects carried out by ministries, administrations and other governmental organisations for close to 20 years. You can read more about GITEC's activities here.